Saturday 24 August 2013

Picnic Blanket Skirt

So the very first thing that I made with my new sewing machine was the Picnic Blanket Skirt, a skirt with no pattern, but excellent instructions to follow to make your own pattern that fits your measurements.  I have become somewhat of a Tilly Walnes fangirl over the last month or so and I really recommend checking out her blog and patterns.

I bought some cute navy and white plane print fabric, quite a thin and slippery material but it was very wide and good value for money (about £6 a metre I think).

The measurement instructions were very easy to understand and I decided to draw it onto pattern paper rather than straight onto the fabric.  The fabric did move around a lot when I was cutting it out, although I was using massively blunt scissors which didn't help!

The finishing isn't brilliant but as a first attempt for a long long time, I'm quite pleased!

It was first time I'd made buttonholes which scared me a bit, but after a few attempts on some scrap material I didn't feel too bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment